Hello Greg,

I have been using iMovie and iDVD for about 2 months now and am having a ball. I am fairly certain that by connecting a VHS Player to a Digital Camcorder and then the Camcorder to the Mac (using firewire) you can download video directly to iMovie.

So the Camcorder becomes (in effect) an analogue to digital converter.
Perhaps a more experienced WAMUG member can back me up or correct (if necessary) me on this.