Rob Findlay wrote:

I have had success where Windows voodoo is apparent by using the shareware app "Sharepoint" to configure the SMB details on the Mac side. Allows the creation of custom shares as well. Also restores OS9 style appleshares. Great App.
Rob

I agree, great app.

Its running and I have the home folder shared as r/w for everyone using both AppleFileServer(AFS) and Windows(SMB).

Oo, oo, just went to Sharepoints > SMB Props and set the Mac's NetBios name and Workgroup, oo, oo, it's working! I can SEE the share.

It is also sharing something called 'Homes' which isnt accessible.

I never had to go there before to get it to share, oh well.

Something else screwy is the Workgroup under Directory Access keeps reverting back to 'workgroup' instead of staying on 'lefroy'.
Even after setting it with sharepoints it currently reads 'workgroup'.

The most curios thing is when I open the Sharing prefs as the pane is fading in I can see the address as an IP address, then it reverts to using the term localhost again once it loads.
This seems to be a clue showing itself here I think.

Sharepoints is only a GUI right, its only putting a face on controls which already exist, right?
It can access those controls effectively but I cannot seem to.
Unusual to say the least, do I have a wounded OS?

Im still not happy but it is working ;)

Thanks Rob, I'll let you know when my first born is due ;)

Regards
Paul