On 03/03/2005, at 6:59 AM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

I have been caused to use Word from Office 98 and wish to create a simple form to collect name, address etc. In Appleworks I would type Name and then click on Underline and use the space bar to draw a line to the desired length. Word does not seem capable of this. I have a manual and have searched that for clues as well as 'online' help.
Is this simple task possible?
Help please.
Merv

Use Tab Leaders. Much better than spaces anyway, even in Appleworks. Look up "Tab leader" in the Help.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913