On 2/4/05 5:53 PM, "Reg Whitely" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Ken
 On 2 Apr 2005, at 5:15pm, Ken Woods wrote:

 Now I feel silly,  of course you all know I meant HAL :-)

 There's a website somewhere where you can/could download screen pics
 and appearances and turn your Mac or win beast into a HAL lookalike.
 You know of course that HAL is one letter ahead of IBM?

Hmmmm, coincidence, I wonder...

Well, I believe Clarke always claimed it stood for Heuristic Algorithmic Logic.

There was similar discussion about Windows NT being one letter after VMS :)

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  The love of liberty is the love