On 06/04/2005, at 6:46 PM, Janis Lynn wrote:

Also, does anyone know how to delete old mail addresses from the system? I have searched and deleted all the usual places eg. address book etc, but they still come up in my mail account when I write new emails.

What you're probably looking for is the "Previous Recipients" list (I assume you're using Mail here - if not, there may be similar solution in the client you are using). Go to Window > Previous Recipients. In the window that opens, click on one of the columns headers to sort the list. It might be useful to sort on "Last Used", which will show you the addresses you haven't used recently. Use Shift-click to select multiple addresses to remove.

One more question, how do I change the name of Home without re-formating?

You can't. Home is home. It's your home folder, and always will be. It may display with different names, but you really don't have that much control over it. For example, in the Go menu it will display as "Home", but in the Finder it will have the "short name" of your user account. Changing your short name involves a heap of convoluted Unix trickery and is not for the faint of heart. It's easier to create another user account with the short name you want and move all your stuff into the new account, but even this involves logging in to your root account, playing with permissions, etc, and is not a trivial pursuit.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913