Rob Davies wrote:

Apple suggests 560/minutes=maxbitrate remembering audio is added to this as is the other but very minimal and not usually a problem. Their are programs to assist with the mathematics if necessary. But if you are not proficient with this ideology I would suggest adding raw (unencoded) files ie dv into DVDSP and if you guess wrong it is very easy to modify and quicker to re-encode than have to rebuild mpegs then rebuild your output in DVDSP. Also if you set DVDSP up correctly most times it will build mpegs, vobs etc. while you are designing your DvD hence less compiling-rendering time when it comes time to Build, Format and Burn your DvD.

Does it strike anyone else as bizarre that in 2005 we are manually calculating bit-rates and your ability to successfully author a DVD depends on your ability to do this calculation?

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S25°34'41" - E152°35'34" (Graham's Creek, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]