Paul Kitchener wrote:

Has anyone on the list come across/used a PC based PVR (personal video recorder)?
I hear there are purpose built Linux distros to do the job.

Well there is MythTV, but it's far from trivial to setup in my experience. I am also seeking the holy grail of integration, but I've not yet found it and when I do, of course someone else will package it and sell it and my attempts at world domination will be thwarted :-)

Specifically, can anyone make a comparison between one and an Eyetv 400 on a Mac?

Seems to me that Eyetv and a Mac are a great combination, but the moron^d^d^d^d^d^d^d developer that came up with requiring a resample to burn saved content to DVD needs their head read.

It is for my "one day" wish list.

Hey, that list includes the ability to have all my address books synchronised, my diaries synchronised, my TV guide included in my diary and the ability to remote control my home theatre system with whatever Bluetooth/IRDA gadget I happen to be holding - phone, PDA, laptop.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S25°34'41" - E152°35'34" (Graham's Creek, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]