I receive a weekly Market Bulletin from Commsec - its a pdf sent as an
attachment to an HTML email.

This week the email didn't show an attachment but seemed to show much of the
source code - starting at:
and including tall the html coding and raw PDF code in the body of the email

Maybe it was Sunday morning making me question the mysteries of the universe
but I wondered why.

I compared the source code of the message with the code for last weeks email
and noticed that there seemed to be an extra blank line between the
"Subject:" header and the "Mime-Version: 1.0" line.

Intrigued I dragged the email to the desktop, removed the blank line with
BBEdit lite and dropped it back in the inbox - sure enough the email now
displayed as usual showing the pdf as an attachment which opened fine in
acrobat.

So, having found the problem, I'm wondering where it came from - is this
down to Commsec sending an email with a problem, my client introducing the
problem on receipt, or something that comes from one of the mail servers on
the way - or is any of the above possible/probable?

No biggie here - I'm just curious as to how this stuff works.

TIA

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton