On 04/05/2005, at 5:46 PM, Greg Sharp wrote:

On 4/5/05 6:55 PM, "Michael Schmidt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No, no sign of it here either. I did receive an aplogy and a new date of 4th
May for delivery though.

I don't know what Apple Australia's position is on this, but in the US those promised Tiger by the 29th who didn't receive it also received an email like yours & were initially offered no compensation. However a large number who actually rang up and complained about it were offered as a bonus a choice of either iLife 5, iWorks or something similarly priced for free to make up for the inconvenience. I've heard a lot of country Australia including many parts of WA missed out so it may be worth seeing what Apple's reaction is to
offering similar compensation.

:-)

You will be very lucky if you do get some sort of compensation <looks out window for airbourne pork>. It is no different from anyone who bought a Mac thinking they could order photos and books through iPhoto (through Apple), those who waited 3+ months for the original 17" Powerbook (even though they were supposed to ship within a month of announcement), those who bought Macs to buy music through iTMS, thinking worldwide actually meant more than 10 countries :-)

Come on. Spare a thought for the other 90% of the computing world who have waited <insert years here> for Longhorn to finally be on the shelf ;-) And I have never had an up-to-date program *ever* be on time. You guys are lucky it is only a week after Tiger was released. In the past the word week has been plural..... :-)

Its not if 10.3.9 was going to self destruct on the 29th!

*By the way - this is all in good humour. When the G4 400s first came out, I bought one through a reseller staff program and had to wait 3 months before I got one. Apple had to satisfy regular customers first. So I know how you guys feel!*

Seeya

Rod!