Thanks to all those who took the time to provide much appreciated and
valuable advice on this subject.

I have tried to convince the client about the benefits of the Mac, I even
used the reliability of his new purpose built Windows XP machines (both
Premiere and Avid machines), which keep crashing (this is the reason he has
come to me to get the project completed) funnily enough. But to know avail.

Does anyone have any experience in transferring data files and captured
video clips back and forth between Adobe Premiere pro and Apple Final Cut
Pro?

Regards

Ken.