Ken Woods wrote:

While all this is comment is well intended, (and I have not seen the
keynote), I have no doubt that this move will cost Apple severely in sales,
reason - most people, and I mean most people will draw absolutely no
separation between Intel and Windows!

While I'm sure there will be those that will beg to differ I firmly believe
that the average man and woman in the street associate Windows and Intel as
one product, one entity , sad though this thought may be (clever man Mr.
Gates).

That may be, but I think only for those (like us) that actually know or care what a cpu is!

I don't believe this group encompasses Mr and Mrs Joe Average, who buy many more computers than us enthusiasts. I really only work with the Averages and their PCs and I can tell you they don't even want to know about this stuff. You try to tell them and they nod their heads but they would fail a questionnaire soon after ;)

It seems to me that this will hurt more in the battle of "mine's bigger than yours".

Personally, I embrace the change, it sounds like a Commodore with a Nissan engine, we bought those didn't we?

Cheers
Paul