Paul wrote:

Personally, I embrace the change, it sounds like a Commodore with a Nissan engine, we bought those didn't we?

Reg Whitely wrote:

Hey that was a good engine, especially the turbo model!

Reg

It sure was/is!

However there were some rather disturbing integration issues with it to be honest :( I personally have welded the entire length of the back of the heads due to cracking in the cam tunnel (a difference in the height of the top of the radiators in Commodores and Skylines was the culprit).

I hope my comparison is not prophetic ;)
I'm praying that Apple remain the Motherboard designers and or builders. Thats where they have had the edge IMO. The fact that I know almost zilch about Apple Motherboards is due to the "no issues" way in which they operate.

What gives some folk here the idea that AMD chips are an option?
Has this been touted elswhere too?
It would be more interesting: Davids vs Goliaths

For one of these to accept an AMD chip (which I usually prefer for PCs), would that imply a different Motherboard for that model or models?

I have trouble (read anxiety) believing it could be like current PC boards where you can pick and choose and replace or upgrade CPUs with relatively numerous choices.

Comments anyone?

Cheers
Paul