Hi everyone,

my 15" PB seems to have been running EXTREMELY slowly every since my friend kicked it while it was down (on the ground). So slowly, in fact, that it couldn't 't keep up with the pace at which I typed this e-mail. It just finished quitting MS Word from when I pressed command +Q about 3 minutes ago. Is there any basis for the apparent causality between the foot-related trauma and the retardation? Or did I just happen to be the victim of some malware at this time? Is there any malware yet? I recently installed [EMAIL PROTECTED] but then deleted it because I was worried that it would slow me down. Has the BOINC client craftily remained on my computer? Another thing that I've noticed is that the battery life has become terrible.
My theories are as follows:
- Apple hard disk drives have the capability to revert to a "robust" mode of data retrieval, to be used if the disk has been physically damaged. This involves the implementation of some algorithm that finds appropriate data even when then disk is not spinning properly (or something). Of course this would slow the computer down and cause the battery life to be much shorter. - Some Trojan program (be it SETI or something else) is running on my poor computer causing it to respond slowly to my commands and rip through the battery (in about 10 minutes usually). This second theory is FAR more likely, but I still nurture the first one because I am upset with my friend for kicking my computer (when it was down). Also, ever since I installed Tiger my recycle bin has "Recovered Files" in it after I boot up - could this be related?
I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Christof S.