The CEO at my favourite charity is having a serious problem with applications quitting unexpectedly. Having spent a couple of hours las night producing a document in Word, with the Auto Save set to 1 minute intervals and physically clicking the Save button, Word just quit and the document vanished off the server, where it was saved to and had been closed and re-opened a couple of times since creating it, there is definitely no trace of it anywhere. He tells me that, except for the disappearing document, the same thing happens with Safari and FileMaker (not convinced about that one.)

I expect that the stock answer is to not use Word, but has anyone out there heard of anything like this happening elsewhere?

Office X 10.1.4, iMac 800 Flat Pane, Tiger (10.4.1) connected to an X Server also running Tiger, I have installed thelatest server update this morning and run Diskworrior over it, no problems found.

I will appreciate any other information and suggestions thanks,

Regards,

Adrian