I recently installed Office 2004 and am having problems with the dictionary
in Word. Am using OS 10.4.1

Spelling works with Entourage but not Word.
The Australian Spelling Dictionary appears in the Proofing Tools folder in
Shared Applications.
But in Word, Spelling does not appear under Tools and Spelling is greyed out
in the Spelling Preferences.

Is this a common problem for Office 2004?
I have done all the upgrades available on the website.

Spelling works in my old copy of MS Office Word X. Do I have to completely
uninstall my Office X to get 2004 to work?

I also find 2004 is slower than X but that may be because I have both
programs in my applications file.

Any suggestions, other than not to use MS :-)  would be appreciated.

Lloyd