Hi...

I'm trying to determine if a weird behaviour is just my machine or is more widespread. Out of interest, if you've got a few minutes to spare, and you have the following
* A Mac running 10.3.x or 10.4.x
* An external firewire drive with a > 1Gb file on it and enough spare disk space to duplicate that file once.

The procedure:
Using the Finder to duplicate a (> 1Gb) file that's already on your external firewire drive.

Open Terminal

type

cmp

hit the space bar and drag the original file and then the duplicate file onto the terminal window (terminal should insert their paths into the window).

Hit return

Wait for cmp to complete.

If you get a message that says the files are different, please let me know.

Thanks,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the