On 15/07/2005, at 9:16 AM, Vladimir James wrote:

Update to my previous msg.

Used Software Update to install OS 10.4.2 on my G4/800. Thereafter, I couldn't connect using ISDN. My internet settings seemed to be altered by the update. The Connection Log stated that my "Connect script failed". After much fiddling with the Network connections, including re-setting the PPP options and re-starting the NT1 Plus modem, I was able to connect. However, I could only connect on the line for vocal traffic, which is slower and you get knocked off every time you receive a phone call. No good. The data line is still inaccessible.

Not sure as NT1 goes through my firewall router at premises, if I get a chance will pass by today and try via PB, although in past people have had issues with upgrades and ISDN.

MacFixit reports some users experienced connectivity problems, especially with Airport/Wireless setups after OS 10.4.2 updates.

This was due to new security features and from what I can tell a huge upgrade of Airport and the way it operates.

Just re-initialising passwords and connection worked for me, although if their is inactivity for a period of time PB will disconnect itself from Access Point but reconnects upon next request.

I'm at the point where I will have to ring Telstra for support. This is the only hassle I've had with Tiger.

I would have already been onto them. Even if they do not have a known fault when you ring them, they will after you have informed them.

Cheers!
Rob