On 04/08/2005, at 4:35 AM, thefrogs wrote:

I am on my way to putting DVDs together
I have some favorite shows I want to put on to a DVD Now I want to build a menu. Has anyone done this? I have DVD Pro now to use But there must be easier ways I presume it must be like Flash or something. Some help would have me bowing

I assume you mean DVD Studio Pro from Apple?

If so their is not much better available for creating DVD's.

Their are tutorials on DVDSP software disc, very handy also a very specific manual/help available online and in paperback with package. I have included a couple of sites to investigate, also register for Apples online seminars if you have a fast DSL connection.

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_homepage_index.html

http://www.lafcpug.org/

Their are many more online, google is your friend also Apples Discussion forums for specific program/hardware are also useful.

As for Menus and stuff same as above although one can create the actual backgrounds in many programs and even go as far as create the menu icons and layout. But, the actions still have to be triggered whilst formatting, muxing and burning DVD as well as encoding if not done previously.

The process of creating interactive DVD's etc is not a very simple task it takes persistence, practice and a thorough understanding of what you require or desire (storyboarding). Including working knowledge of file formats and mathematical restrictions. Lots of reading or attend courses provided and practice. If this is not the case then look into hiring professional to produce the required DVD, or willing and able too get you up and running with templates?

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
`Rob...