Quicktime standard   v7.0.1 will run on  OSX 10.3.9 and above.

This might open that file without buying quicktime Pro .

Bob

On 13/08/2005, at 11:59 AM, Laurie McDonald wrote:

G'day

I've received some attachments from my brother with the suffix ".mpe".

When I double click I'm told that Real Player can't open it because I don't have the right version of QuickTime (v7.0.1 installed).

What is this evil that Gates and Co. are foisting upon us? Am I supposed to spend my hard-earned on QTPro?

Help please.

Laurie McDonald member#234