On 26/08/2005, at 2:49 PM, Rod wrote:

Hi All!

Just wondering if someone might be able to help me out. I have an archive of web pages that form an online manual. All in all, there are about 380 different HTML pages. Is there anyone that can make an automator workflow that will convert each of these pages into a pdf, then combine the pdf into one?

Seeya

Rod!

Hi Rod,

Well, to combine the PDF's, this might help. But first you have to convert the HTML pages??

Use Automator to combine PDFs:

There have been numerous hints here about how to combine PDFs into a single document. Well, Automator now handles that task very nicely. You can select the documents that you want to combine in the Finder and then Control-click on them to bring up the contextual menu. Choose Automator -> Create Workflow. Once Automator opens, add three steps to your Untitled workflow: Finder: Get Selected Finder Items. Actually, this one is automatically added if you had the files selected in the Finder.
PDF: Combine PDF Pages (I choose Appending pages).
Finder: Open Finder Items (Open with Default Application).
This will combine everything, then open up a Preview document with all the PDF pages nicely laid out in one document. You can save the workflow if you do this on a regular basis. Then Control-clicking on a group of PDFs will give you a contextual menu with your workflow ready to go.

When Microsoft asks you, "Where do you want to go today?" Tell them, "Apple!"