Hi all, I'm trying to decide between a 20" Apple Cinema Display ($1200 or so) and a Dell 24" display ($1400). Advice or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

I've read many website reviews of the Dell 2405 FPW which praise it, and many forum reviews which both praise it ... but point out issues such as a 'screen door' effect, and the narrower viewing angle (compared to Apple's displays). On the other hand, I've read many comments on the Apple displays which mention 'pinkish whites' and 'grayish blacks'.

The extra screen real estate of the 24" would be good, but at the end of the day I don't want it at the expense of screen quality.

Seeing a cinema display in the flesh is easy ... seeing a Dell is difficult. The only showroom they have is in Sydney, and they won't offer any suggestions as to who in WA might have one to view.

Does anyone know where I might see a Dell 24" LCD? I'd prefer not to cold-call Design / Video & Post Production / Architecture businesses ... ;-)

Cheers,
Tobes.

P.S. some further background info: I'm using the monitor for Print Design, iLife '05 based projects and the occasional game (see: World of Warcraft *grin*). I'll be hooking it up to a Dual 1.8 G5 with an ATI X800 video card.