On 30/09/2005, at 10:20 AM, Brett Carboni wrote:

Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone know how to get Safari to *not* open pdf's within the browser.

One way is to select the option offered " Save link as " or something like that,
instead of allowing the browser to open the file.

Bob

I have followed the instructions in Safari help which says to go to system preferences and from view menu choose quicktime and alter the mime settings and deselect pdf from the file types, but Safari still wants to open those pdf's (which is a royal pain).

Any ideas?

Brett Carboni
Tsunami
"There ought to be a law against tag lines"