On 02/12/2005, at 9:01 PM, Shay Telfer wrote:

On 02/12/2005, at 2:20 PM, Martin Hill wrote:

From: Rod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The new update incorporates Video iPod exporting, plus the ability to view and record 2 channels at the same time. Which is just the thing
you need with the quality tv shows on this summer :-)

Unfortunately it will only allow you to record multiple channels that "reside on the same transponder/multiplex" simultaneously. Which means you'd probably only be able to watch the Channel 10 SD, HD and Program Guide
channels simultaneously (maybe ABC and ABC 2 if they share the same
frequency?). I haven't tried it on my EyeTV 400 yet, but I'm pretty sure that the Channel 9 and Channel 10 don't share the same digital frequency.
I'll be trying it tonight to confirm.  Anyone else tried it already?

That makes sense. Too bad we have such "munted" tv laws in Australia, where the only real use is to see the tv guide or watch ABC and ABC2 at the same time :-( It would have been great to have the cricket in one window and something else in another!

Seeya

Rod!

Umm... It's not the laws per se, it's how much content the stations can afford to provide on their frequencies. If they can barely fill one channel with re-runs they're not going to be able to fill 5. You can't put all the TV stations into one frequency as then there wouldn't be enough bandwidth for all the interactive stuff (multiview etc.)

Have fun,
Shay
--

I thought it was the law, as Packer and Murdoch had a dummy spit with their interests in PayTV. Otherwise you would think we would have special events shown on one channel (eg Rugby tests) while normal programming is on the other. If this happened, I'm sure digital tv sales would take off.

Seeya

Rod!