Hi Rosemary,

Sounds like you are not the only person having trouble with this since update to 10.4.3 & also iTunes 6.0.1

I would download the 10.4.3 Combo updater and use it to reinstall 10.4.3 on top of your current Software Update installation.

<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate1043combo.html>

I would also repair permissions after running the combo.