On 16/12/2005, at 2:10 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hello People,

I've used my DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD on my G4 iBook OSX10.4.3 many times with no problems.

Today I decided to try it on my New G4 PowerBook OSX10.4.3 . The Disk mounts on the desktop, but when I ReBoot & hold down 'C' key to start from the disk .......... yikes ..... Kernel Panic ...... which in turn causes Ronni Panic !!!

Why doesn't it work the same as on my G4 iBook?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Replying to my own email, from what I can find out, it seems that:
Quote:
"In most cases, older DiskWarrior 3 CDs cannot start up newer machines
because they do not have the necessary System files. To start up the
newest PowerBook models released at the end of October 2005, you need a
DiskWarrior CD with a more current operating system.

An Update CD (revision 39) with the latest startup System (Mac OS X
10.4.x "Tiger") and DiskWarrior 3.0.3 is available for order by calling
our Sales Department at 800-257-6381 (US Toll Free) or at 281-353-4090
(International). The cost for the Update CD is US$12.95 plus US$7.95
shipping & handling fees.

Finally, if you purchased DiskWarrior within the last 30 days, we will
send you an updated CD for the price of shipping."

Seems odd to me that they are offering free upgrade software to people with older versions of DW (ie. pre-3.0.3) But if you are people who bought 3.0.3 specifically to work with Tiger, then bought a new Mac and found that DW no longer worked with Tiger - you have to pay for a replacement."
End of Quote:

Has anyone with a New PowerBook managed to startup from their DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD?