On 26/12/2005, at 1:39 PM, Mervyn & Giuliana Bond wrote:

I am being inundated with requests from National Australia Bank to contact them because they are doing software updates and want to know about my browser.
Has anyone else received these requests?  Are they genuine.
I dont bank with National.
Merv
--
"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."

I do bank with the National and they do not contact clients via email. They will send requests or information via their web-site notice board, once you have logged into their online banking site you have access to it.

It is a phishing email, simple way to deal with them is to mark as SPAM and hopefully your email client or server will filter it accordingly, preventing others to filter through. Also if you feel so annoyed by such an email you can contact the bank via their addresses on National Bank web site. Not much they can do about it except warn customers.

Cheers!
`Rob...