First thank you to all those who responded with a number of clues.

We did not get it working and now the daughter has returned to California.

I am left with just one possibility to resolve the dilemma we had . ( Which would be great for her next visit )

The Port 3389 is used for VPN Remote Desktop and needs to be Port Forward through the Modem Router.

I set that up according to an online tutorial .... and would like to test where it may be failing.

A means to Telnet to an address in Perth might be a start to prove my Port Forwarding
AND my ISP's set up.

Can anybody offer a suggestion for this please

Thanks

BoB

AND Wishing you all a VERY HAPPY , HEALTHY PROSPEROUS 2006 !!!!!!!