Is there a program that enable you to delete items from the Recently Added
list. I have tried highlighting and deleting but nothing works. There
appears to be no preference setting that sets the definition of Recent. It
appears to be one week.

Lloyd

err put you mac's date forward a month?

in all seriousness though.

if you mean by delete - to remove it from itunes altogether then find the tracks in the "library list and delete them there. else if you mean delete from the playlist as "remove" from the playlist but don't delete from the iTunes library then things get a little complicated.

Basically you CAN'T manually delete items out of a smart playlist - no more than you can manually add a song to one. These playlists are created and managed via their selection/search criteria.

1: put you mac's time/date forward a month.

or slightly less facetiously

2: wait for a month before you next open itunes

or (now we're getting serious)

3: change the "recently added" smart playlists criteria down to a shorter time till the track (and all other tracks before that date ) drop off. I think the default is a month (mine is edited down to one week) - you can change it downward to 1 day.
single click on playlist then <apple + i>

or

4: change the "recently added" smart playlist criteria with a "not" operation and enter a criteria that will match only the songs you want to remove (so you may need to enter several "not" conditions if thier is no common criteria
single click on playlist then <apple + i>

or (opps I think I'm getting facetious again)

5: find/write an itunes Library file editor or a way to unlock this tag in itunes and edit the actual iTunes library. I've looked high and low for one of these. there are plenty of mp3 tag editors out there and they are good for what they do but this data (date added) isn't held in the mp3 files metta data tag but in the iTunes library - this program library is a binary file so can't be opened in a raw text editor