i classify this as an annoying feature of the Westnet email server.
i have seen this problem with many clients who have Westnet email.
i just click cancel and try again later.
it also seems to affect groups of individuals at the same time.
over a period of several hours.

-geoff

This problem can be caused by your Westnet mailbox locking itself and
not allowing your Email program to retrieve your messages for a certain
period of time. This mailbox locking is a security feature of your
mailbox designed to prevent multiple people from accessing your mailbox
simultaneously. Unfortunately, the mailbox can also lock itself when
your Email program has difficulty retrieving an Email and then
subsequently tries again.

Your Email program doesn't recognise that the mailbox did lock itself,
and therefore believes that the password is incorrect.

If this problem occurs on a regular basis, it would be adviseable to
contact Technical Support on 1300 786 068 for us to determine what could
be causing the problem for you.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to call our
Helpdesk on 1300 786 068 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED]