reviews from users in America (who have already received their macbooks - 3 day delivery on new product how very un apple I say) are saying that it's not "that glossy" and handles daylight and glare and reflection quite well better than other "gloss screens" (hands up who, apart from me, just can't stand Toshiba's gloss screens on thier 17" models?).

apparently it significantly increases colour depth perception particularly with blacks making it easier to tell levels of dark colours/greys.

it would be interesting to see some reviews from pro photo/video users and any issues about colour syncing to printers though with the wide spread usage of semi gloss (confusingly also called "semi matt") media for hi end "Hi-Fi colour" inkjets I'd imagine that users would be able to get screen images to closer match print results??

good news,

"Glossy Screens" are a silly idea IMHO

hope they bring it to the MacBook