Morning Paul,

Apologies if going over known ground, but not sure of what you are trying to achieve.

Was this installed via source or binary?

Have you got XCode installed? Although this should not be an issue as PHP is a standard Tiger install. But, certain libraries are installed with XCode which is what it may be looking for.

PHP and MySQL are two different entities, PHP is installed with Tiger, version 4.4.1 as of 10.4.5. MySQL 5.0 being a Database is available from MySQL website as is PostgreSQL 8.01 or version tracker.

Otherwise this site is very useful for PHP and has a very active support community via a forum, great tutorials.
http://www.phpmac.com/

Of course the Marc Liyanage's is very useful and PostgreSQL for Mac OS X http://www.petefreitag.com/item/260.cfm.

Cheers!
'Rob...