On 23/05/2006, at 1:08 PM, Rob Davies wrote:

Morning Paul,

Apologies if going over known ground, but not sure of what you are trying to achieve.

No probs at all Rob :-)
My goal is merely to install PHP.
I already have MySQL going.

Was this installed via source or binary?

Not too sure what those are :-P
I downloaded the Installer (entropy-php-5.1.4-5.tar.gz) from http:// www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/ The drama comes when the installer finishes, it says there were errors and "Please try installing again".

Have you got XCode installed? Although this should not be an issue as PHP is a standard Tiger install. But, certain libraries are installed with XCode which is what it may be looking for.

PHP and MySQL are two different entities, PHP is installed with Tiger, version 4.4.1 as of 10.4.5. MySQL 5.0 being a Database is available from MySQL website as is PostgreSQL 8.01 or version tracker.

XCode? Sorry, dont know what that is either.

Are you saying PHP is pre-installed on Tiger like Apache web server?
If so why do I get no result when I load my info.php file which contains the line: <?php phpinfo() ?> I had all of this working under Panther and I don't think I'm doing anything different to how I had it before.

Opens Treminal...

I just found that it is indeed installed and available from the Terminal. Why is it not happening in Apache I wonder, do I need to activate it somehow?

You can see for yourself:

http://202.72.180.75/~home/php/info.php

Brushing off the cobwebs...

Paul