On 23/05/2006, at 2:43 PM, Rod wrote:

I have recently acquired a 5th generation 30gig Video Ipod.
Last night I happily loaded up my Itunes library and Iphoto library - sweet, no problems. (although I was surprised to see that the new Ipods dont sync using Firewire like my old 40Gigger - now it's USB 2.0) However, I encountered some issues with some video files loading onto the Ipod. Some Quicktime movies needed optimizing before they could load onto the pod, but all of my .WMV movies (that I usually view using Flip2Mac) couldn't be transferred. Anyone got any tricks that will allow a .WMV file to be played on a Video ipod?

Howard Holmes

If they work in Flip4Mac, you might be able to export them as quicktime files using Quicktime Pro (I'm not sure whta restrictions the Flip4mac plugin has on QT Pro).

In my experience, if they work in Flip4Mac, they will save as .mov files from Quicktime Pro. From there you can process them as you like.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913