On 07/09/2006, at 1:14 PM, Rod wrote:

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 11:39 +0800, David Moyle wrote:
Hey

Actually Daniel has raised a good point that I forgotten was raised
in a few chats. If they did update the MacBook (Which there
guarnteeded todo before the christmas rush) then it will be par with
the MacBook Pro and technically theres very little between the two.
The MacBook Pro has better build quality and a few more features but
apart from that..

I predict that the MBP will be bumped in October/November (once stocks
of Meroms are back after the iMac rush), then MacBook bumps will be
during MacWorld SanFran in January (they need at least one hardware
announcement to pad out a 2 hour keynote!).

I'm also hoping that next week Apple announce that at least the UK will
have tv show downloads available via iTMS.  At least that will be
somewhere outside the US that will have something other than Pixar
shorts and music vids :-)

I wonder if we can take a clue from the new iMacs. Even the entry point has Core 2 Duo, with the Intel Integrated Graphics as one of the main differential points, so it seems quite possible that all the laptop models could be similarly bumped. There's a Significant Apple Event coming up on September 12 (next Tuesday), so I guess there's still a chance Apple could announce something then. I won't stop twitching until after that.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913