On 8/9/06 2:54 PM, "Ikon Design" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Could some one point me in the right direction, G4 500AGP OS 9.2.2
> starts up fine when the HD with the OS  only is connected when I add
> 80GB slave HD it will not start up all I get is a mac face inside a
> folder. These two HD  have co-habitated for a least 2 years without a
> spate, then today a mouse failed and crashed the computer that
> brought me to my present desperation.
>
> Regards
>
> Clive

Hi Clive

Try putting the second hard drive on Cable Select and see if it works. I had
something similar happen where in theory it should have worked as one drive
Master, one drive slave, but for some reason, if they were both in the G4 it
wouldn't boot. But one (or the other) in and it was fine. So in the end, I
had one as Master and the other as Cable Select and it was fine.

Don't know if that will solve your problem but worth a go.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Daniel
---