On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 09:37 +0800, Ikon Design wrote:
> Thank you to Daniel & Robert for their suggestions, unfortunately the
> problem still exists. I have moved the HD in question to another
> computer where it was able to be seen and examined by the Disk
> Utility as having no faults yet when placed back in it's home
> computer it is not being seen when booted from CD and will not allow
> computer to boot at all when booting up from start up HD. Any other
> suggestions gratefully appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Clive
>
> and if you cannot boot from CD by starting with C key held down ,

Hi Clive,

Try booting up in Safe Mode with both drives connected.  Hold down the
Shift key on startup:

It may be an issue with the OS, rather than the drives itself.  At least
with Safe mode, you are running the bare essentials.

(Should still work for OS 9 - its extensions off).

Also, try resetting the PMU (Command-Option-P-R) or hitting the PMU
button on your logic board.

Seeya

Rod!