Hi Greg

I had same problem with an iBook G4. Took it in to an apple dealer as it was
under warranty. They didn't know what it was, but exchanged the battery and
that solved the problem.

I did then read something about it at the Apple Support section of Apple's
web site, acknowledging a battery problem I think.

Cheers, Steven