Oldham, Toby wrote:
What a segue - My G5 has started making a low noise for extended periods...
The kind noise you might expect from a spinning thing finding it harder to
spin.

I figure it could be a fan, either on the case, or on the ATI graphics
card... Or the platter on my primary hard disk. I'm spoilt for choice. ; )

Should I be concerned? Is there a repair centre somewhere around Bassendean?
Would anyone be willing to make a house call?

Any thoughts appreciated,
Tobes.

I would worry with summer approaching, my first suspect is the graphics card fan, as these are CRAP, they are squished into a small space (due to PC's needing a max of 10mm card to card spacing).

Next I would suspect power supply and case fans, last a HDD :)

The PSU and case fans are easy to find replacements for and deal with, the ones on the graphics cards are harder due to being integrated with the heatsink :(

--
Regards,

Kat.
 K.A.Q. Electronics     Website: www.kaqelectronics.dyndns.org
 IM: Yahoo: PinkyDwaggy MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 For Everything Electronics                Phone: 0419 923 731