Rod,
Just did this conversion recently.
All your data is retained. The file format is readable by Mac and PC, so I just send off my data file to my accountant, and they load it up under Windows. When I switched to Account Edge, I just opened up the existing file ... there was some kind of automated upgrade that took place, but after that the file is still readable on Mac and Windows.

Customised forms didn't make the conversion - so invoices that were setup as form layouts had to be rebuilt. Perhaps an expert could have migrated these. The functionality is basically the same - book-keepers who haven't used Account Edge before just sit down and use it.

Regards,

Glenn.