Hi All

Can't resist a brief comment and weblink too.

On 2 Dec 2006, at 7:49am, Paul wrote:

44 polls 8 yes votes, thats 18%. If I was a betting politician, I'd take that ;-)

http://www.aec.gov.au/_content/when/referendums/dates.htm

I promise I will post no more on this :-)

Ah, statistics; aren't they always interesting. Now another stormfront from Bom, the Bureau of Meteorology, http://www.bom.gov.au/ climate/averages/tables/dst_times.shtml

"The Bureau of Meteorology does not have responsibility for managing Daylight Saving Time. This is a State responsibility and you should contact the relevant State Government authority (which can vary between States) for the latest information. The following table is provided for the benefit of climate data users, since the implementation of daylight saving time can have some effect on weather observations. In all the cases listed in the table below the change to Daylight Saving Time took place at 0200 Local Standard Time on the day concerned, and from Daylight Saving Time to standard time at 0300."

BTW as another aside, we're driving east next weekend so we will in effect have 4 time changes. consider today's State of Boring Early Sleeps crossing the border to tomorrow's State of Exciting Midnight Swims, then to Soz Crowstate, then hence to Vic. Not currently planning to visit Tazzie but might be tempted if the tide is low! We'll be jetlagged when we return!

Sorry, can't make the bbq, unless it's in Mundaring where we're staying next Sunday.

Regards

Reg