Thanks folks,

I'm actually after Telstra Cable speeds, not ADSL.

I find it's easy to get confused between the Mega Bit per second and the
Mega Byte per second. I'm likely to be corrected here, but there are 6 bits
per byte, so a download speed of 8 mega bites per second, is actually 1 mega
byte per second - or 1000k in normally used language. Providers advertise
the mega bit speed so the numbers look super fantastic.

I currently am using iinet DSLAM and my data rate at the modem is showing
11082 (Kbps.) and using a download manager I can hold over 1000k per second
at times.

What I'm trying to find out is just how close to their advertised speeds (8
Mega bytes per second) people have found with Telstra Cable, and how they
are for a Mac centric network. Their website says they don't support
Wireless Mac.

The downside is no VOIP, which iinet offers, and less webspace than iinet.
The upside is I might be able to package in Foxtel at good rates.

Thanks
Tim