Yes, it has a basic editor, which allows you to cut out adverts, or any extra bits you've recorded at the beginning or the end. You get to label your recording, plus put it into categories (basic database software).

You can set up recording manually, or use the include free 3 month subscription to IceTV. One click setting for recording. After the 3 months you can make up your own mind about the cost of the service. EyeTV users get a discount.