Glenn

On the Skype out problem, this is almost certainly a call signalling
problem.  The gateway Sykpe is using to connect to the public network is not
recognising the answer signal from you office service provider or not
sending the answer signal to your software.  Given you don't have problems
on other calls, it's probably the former.

So, probably nothing you can do.  This sort of thing can also happen
intermittently because Skype will almost certainly use a mixture of
different carriers in whatever country they interconnect with the public
telephone network.  There may be an incompatibility between the carrier your
work uses and the one of the carriers Skype uses.  So, I'm betting your work
uses a carrier other than Telstra.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Greg