And you can look up their vintage here using the serial number

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

robin

On 26/06/2007, at 3:29 PM, Mark Secker wrote:

Wonder what these will go for

Probably too much, like the last Ross's auction I went to where 4 or 5year old base spec G3 iBooks (500mhz 128MB) were selling for only $300 less than a new 1.32Ghz G4 iBook.

A few months back before I bought my G5 I tracked G5 towers in eBay and this sort of config (1.6Ghz 256 MB RAM) were going from as much as $1100 to under $800 without monitor or generic monitor.

Lately been seeing them going for $400-$600 but some being passed in for as low as $500 (starting bid around $500 but with no offers).

These are towers - some one here at work asked if they were 17" G5 iMacs which is what they want but punching the serial numbers in to Apple's tech pages sows they are tower units.

For me it would be nice to have one or two of these to play with for basic server training but honestly I don't think these auctions attract clued up folk so I'll probably buy one off eBay or here if, say Daniel, has any more come up in the near future.

Ray