On 24/07/2007, at 5:15 PM, Severin Crisp wrote:

I have recently begun to receive a different type of junk/spam mail. It is quite innocent looking and inoccuous with a single .pdf attachment and appears to come from single, named individuals unknown to me. They seem to bypass the usual spam filters. I have trashed them all instantly and not opened the attachments.
Has anyone else been subject to this or have any comment to make?
Severin Crisp

They never cease to try ...
I use Mail and set up some rules which despatch most of them into my Junk box.

Have Junk show sender as well as addressee and a quick ;look at the headings
is usually enough to bulk trash them .

The odd one still gets through , even though one of the rules requires
the sender to be in my address book.

Still raining here !

Bob