Hi Stephen, if you are getting into AVCHD format (as with the new Sony 100G HD modem, you will need to edit the footage in Windows using an AVCHD capable video editor, of which there are a few now, or on the Mac, import into Final Cut Pro, or

thank goodness,

download a little program called Voltaic, which converts the footage into a format that can be used with iMovieHD, or the final cut products. It costs $30. You need every ounce of your processor(s) for the conversion process.

Unless you shoot in standard definition video.

I expect that Apple with catch up with native AVCHD editing in the next few months, but it isn't there yet.

The Sony direct to DVD burner MC3 does not handle AVCHD footage, but there is another one out in Japan, the Sony MC5, which does handle AVCHD - I think we may have a few months wait for that model. Google AVCHD to find out more.

cheers, Susan.