I'm considering buying a video camera so I've been doing lots of reading lately. I'm mainly interested in recording times spent with my friends (most of the time indoors at night). I tried reading the Australian Macworld as Lloyd suggested but the article focuses on cameras around the $2000 mark which isn't what I'm looking at. I've been reading up on the Sanyo VPC-HD2 mainly due to Martin's recommendation on it.

I've got 2 main concerns with this camera. I'm worried about how it will perform under house light conditions. I'm not sure what people classify as low light conditions but apparently the camera has lots of noise in low light.

I'm not too sure on HCSD cards. From what I've been able to find on the net the rating on the class relates to the sustained data write rate in Mbps. That means a HCSD card with a rating of 6 wouldn't be able to sustain recording at the highest quality setting which runs at 9Mbps.

I'm guessing that the HD2 will come to a cost of around $1000 by the time I buy sufficient HCSD storage and at least 1 additional battery.

If anyones got any info that could be helpful to me, suggestions or comparisons with other cameras, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Ruben