On 04/10/2007, at 12:47 PM, Ikon Design wrote:

G4 10.4
From what I have read this is not looking good, HD does not appear on desk top but I can see it when I boot from OS X DVD Could some one tell me if it is possible to extract the data on this HD so I can reformat if I can? I am unable to fix the problem using disk utilities.

Regards

Clive

Running G4 , you could boot off os9 , which has a different Utility .

Also I have 2 x 3rd party utilities . Have in thwe past found that if Apple will not,
one of the 3rd party might do a repair.

Also try Disk Warrior , OSX version or OS9 version.

There is more than one way to " skin a cat " .

Depends how important the data is to you !

I live in Ballajura if that's any help

Bob