Hi Tony

I've struggled with this too. Best thing is to have a friend with Publisher on a Winz machine, Parallels etc then convert it to something else.

Clumsy oaf of software which our boss at school insisted on using for his newsletters!

Here's one Googled advice: http://www.macusenet.com/archive/index- t-20446.html

Reg
______________________________________
Art Werschulz
08-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Hi.

Runing MacOS X 10.2.6 ...

Is there some way that I can open a Publisher file on a Mac?
Apparently, Publisher can save in Word format. However, the Word file
that got created seems to have missing linebreaks.

Thanks.

et> wrote:

> Is there some way that I can open a Publisher file on a Mac?

Nope. And believe me, you should be GRATEFUL. Publisher is the biggest
steaming pile of shit from Redmond since the SoBig virus exploit.

> Apparently, Publisher can save in Word format. However, the Word file
> that got created seems to have missing linebreaks.

What? A Microsoft product doesn't play well with another Microsoft
product?? The devil you say. I am shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you.

Your only hope is this:

1. Install Acrobat Distiller on a PC that can open your Publisher files.
2. Have Publisher create "service bureau" (ie postscript) files.
3. Have Distiller make these into PDFs.
4. Marvel as these publishing abominations can now open, be read and
printed on any platform! Kind of a good idea -- maybe Microsoft should
have thought of that in the first place??