Hi Muggers,
For those of you unable to get ADSL I thought you might be interested in our
solution. We live in East Cannington and can't get ADSL because of lack of
capacity on the CMUX (a  mini exchange) two streets away. After a lot of
researching we signed up with bbnet who provide a fixed wireless service.
There antenna is located on the Channel 9 Tower and as I understand it you
need to be in line of sight of it.

We pay $59.95 a month for 5gigs. The speed is good but we usually have to
unplug the modem to get connected. Apart from that it's  a good service and
better than mobile wireless.

Some other operators (border net, Ocean broadband) provide a satellite
service which is a fair bit dearer.

Hope this is of interest.

-- Peter Bull
[EMAIL PROTECTED]